Monday, January 14, 2008

Hunter unplugged

I open my eyes early in be this morning to a 4 year-old staring right into mine, 2 inches from my face. Something unsettling about that. Anyway... He wraps his skinny little arms around my neck and the following dialogue happens (M is for Me):
H: Mommy, I like you (giggle)
M: Thanks Weedsie (his nickname), I sure like you too.
H: Ya, Mommy, you could go to China with me.
M: Really? Thanks, Hunter.

Later, I make a McDonalds run, because we'd already given all of our food away in prep for the movers to come tomorrow morning. I got Tim his breakfast Burritos, and a few other things.
T: Here Hunter, take a bite of this (Breakfast Burrito).
(we look over to see Hunter, our picky eater starts delving in)
M: Wow Tim, looks like Hunter likes Breakfast Burritos just like his Dad.
H: Ya, because they're nice fresh and spicy
(followed by a table full of laughter, Tanner joins in the laughter too, that's the only part he gets)
T: I swear, I hear things like that, and I can hear you (Suzanne) talking.

0 comments: