Now before you go on thinking the American on the left side of this picture is a totally refined serious individual...
And while "what happens in Shanghai stays in Shanghai" would be the polite thing for me to conform to...
I have to reveal him, he's hilarious. You wouldn't forgive me if I didn't. It's too funny of a story. And you could use a funny story today...
Here goes:

"Lovely" she said in her thick Chinese accent as the seamstress peeked over the Elf DVD picture to see this full grown man, Daryl, feeling the yellow stretchy fabric on the bolt.
She proceeded measuring his legs in three different places and his waist for the custom made 'adult male leggings'.

Next, Lisa, hiswife, and I ran to other booths at the fabric market to find the perfect fur for the cuffs of the "buddy the elf" costume Daryl had always wanted.
He even had a custom patent leather belt with a gold buckle made of three different belts to perfection.
We went back to the fabric market the day after and picked up Daryl's 'Buddy the Elf" costume. Here's the break down...
1 Custom made Elf Sport coat- green cashmere: $70
3 Belts to build one custom belt- $10
1 Patent leather scrap for elf shoes $6
1 Scrap of the perfect fur $5
Daryl speed walking down the halls of Hunter's school with his elbows sticking out and greeting all the children as Buddy the Elf in China... Priceless.
Or, even more priceless was what took place as soon as he tried the costume on for the first time:
"SANTA!!!" he randomly yelled out while pointing in the distance, following it with "I know him" whispered in Todd's ear...
Todd having never seen the movie, smiled politely...
Priceless!!
We love you guys! Hurry come back soon Todd, Malissa, Daryl, Lisa!! Shanghai loves you guys!





2 comments:
Hilarious!
I liked that movie.
Post a Comment