So I put my dudes in their car seats, and we're off to school.
Hunter didn't want to go to school today, his little sensitive heart was embarrassed after being caught in a fib over the book from yesterday's incident. He was whining to me about wanting to stay home. I told him he had to go, despite his pleas to stay home with me.
Then we pull up to the school, only for him to try a last ditch effort; looking at the driver he says...
"Wo you yi dian bu xiang yao women zai hui lai"...
I literally caught myself on the MV door. "WHAT?!!" Did he just say a whole long sentence in chinese?? He says it again to the new driver:
Hunter: "Wo you yi dian bu xiang yao women zai hui lai"
(english translation): "I kind of don't want us to come back here again.
Me: Say it again Hunter!! (4-year old whining never sounded so good)
Hunter: (repeats his plea to the driver to not make him go to school).
It was one of those priceless moments. He had said a sentence in Chinese that would take me weeks to learn 9 years ago. I am still floored just writing about it. My day went wonderful from there. Thanks Hunter... I'm so happy to be your mom! No fibs about it!
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Hunter Unplugged
Posted by Suzanne at 1:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I'm jealous. I took 3 years of spanish and hardly spoke a full sentence in Mexico. And I'm 28!!! Ah, to have the mind of a 4 yr old. Lucky duck. He'll be teaching you in no time...slang of course.
Thank goodness for that english translation. I thought Hunter was swearing.
Post a Comment