Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Fried Rice Post

True fried rice is simply left over rice, thrown in a wok with all the left over ingredients from other meals. I suppose Gumbo has a similar background.

So this is my Fried Rice Post...where nothing really relates, and it's just all thrown together.


This is my nasty habit for remembering things. I'm sure most of you stopped this in high school. I usually only have one or two notes. Today I had 8.

Some of the notes of what's been going on (not all are direct downloads from my hand) today:

1.Order vaccines. China doesn't stock vaccinations, so you have to pre-pay/order them from the UK. Hep A just became available by some joint venture. We ordered 16 vaccines! 12 of them are part of a 3-part series (once a week for three weeks) of Rabies all four of us have to get. There are certain shots required for certain countries.
2. Plan the upcoming Young Women's activity.
3. Register for school. Weird. You have to pay cash to reserve a spot at the chinese schools. Funny story: while filing their applications, the boys were instructed to take off their shoes in their play area. I told them in chinese to do just that. Tanner raced to the entrance and sat down quickly, never losing eye contact with me while he followed the chinese directions. I could tell he was showing off that he understood the chinese. Tann still doesn't talk much, but when he does, lately it's been more chinese than english. Hunter got the directions by watching Tanner's interpretation. Kids pick things up so quickly.
4. http://www.skoosedesign.com/ website renewal. I can't believe it's already been a year since I started this business.
5. Finish a Taggie Blanket for Tami. Hunter helped me this morning, and we snagged one of the tags. So lucky Tami gets $6 off. The project took twice as long because of the "additional help" (that I welcomed, nothing is better than little helping fingers). We became pressed for time, then Hunter paused and said "Mommy, do you know why I'm helping you? It's just 'cause I lauv you". Hunter has the cutest way of saying the word Love. I figured I'm not just giving Tami $6 off, I'm actually paying her $6 for such a fun experience with Hunter. There will be a time when Hunter won't touch a sewing machine.
6. Today Holly's son came in town for the week.
7. Also, I've been learning how to design blogs (over the past month) that are now DONE:
My Own
Holly's
Lynette's
Trisha's
Cameron's
If you're bored, you can click on their links above to peek.

What else happened today??

Hunter and Tanner asked if they could be in their PJs... in public. I gave in. Can you see how happy it made them to do something so silly? So I changed them into their PJs, and we met Tim at work for Dinner. Holly's son came in town, so we gave her some time off.

Isn't Tanner getting so tall?

We met Tim at Pizza Hut. One of the pizzas there had salmon, crab, octopus and wasabi on it. Pizza was one of the many things on the menu. I'll have to take pictures next time. We went to McDonalds for ice cream cones and coconut pies (they don't have apple pies here). FYI, do you remember when the apple pies at McDonalds were deep fried, and now they're baked? They are still deep fried here. YUMBO BOB.


Another thing we did today was transfer our VHS tapes to DVD. Not for re-sale, just for us, so we could actually watch them! Here we are watching one in the car.

0 comments: